IoT – Services & Applications
Exelonix provides the technical basis for e-health applications for various partners. This includes the following:
- IoT-enabled cloud service (IoT – Internet of Things),
- Web access for patients and physicians and
- App development for iOS & Android.
With these technologies, comprehensive telemedicine offers can be tailored for the special requirements of doctors and patients. The following e-health applications have already been implemented with exelonix technology:
- Telemedical platform for patient monitoring and aftercare,
- Medication app with reminder and logging of medication intake,
- Vital data logging and monitoring,
- Emergency systems for seniors and
- Coordination Platform for a Home Care Network.
Smart City & Smart Home Applications
Exelonix already provides the technical basis for IoT applications for various partner companies. This includes the following:
- Low-power sensor modules for the cloud connection of sensors and actuators,
- IoT-enabled cloud service,
- Web platform for management of hardware, data, users and billing and
- App development for iOS & Android.
With these technologies, comprehensive IoT applications can be tailor-made for B2B customers. The following IoT applications have already been implemented applying this technology:
- Sensor network for monitoring humidity and temperature in buildings,
- Various smart home applications and
- Applications for energy management.
Skill Set of the Exelonix Team
Exelonix develops its own and customer-specific hardware in the following areas:
- Microcontroller solutions,
- Communication applications mostly wireless, e.g. Bluetooth
- battery management systems,
- FPGA systems, and the like.
Exelonix has many years of experience in numerous IoT projects. The technical and commercial requirements can be met by an optimized system design. Already at an early stage the optimum trade-off between hardware and the embedded software is defined. With our expertise we are able to develope schematics which often achieve mass production maturity already in the first step and thus avoiding costly redesigns. We select components according to individual project requirements and consider criteria such as availability, costs, reliability, environmental conditions and design risk along with the hardware design.
In the layout, our goal is from the beginning on an EMC and thermally faultless design. We are used to incorporate the mechanical requirements into the design process and know the effects of the layout on PCB production and assembly from experience. With our assembly service provider, Elbatronic GmbH, we have reliable and coordinated processes in place, that enable quick and cost-effectively prototypes and then fast transfer into serial products.
At customer request, we also work together with other service providers or customer production lines. Qualifying & Testing of hardware prototypes for serial products is everyday business for us. Our hardware is in some cases part of our IoT solution.
Cloud server programming
Our IoT Cloud software concept is based on the REST concept (Representational State Transfer). This concept is used for a wide range of applications of the Internet of Things. Today, a large number of our Smart Home & Healthcare solutions are based on exelonix software platform. With the IoT Cloud, we provide customers with comprehensive solutions as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS). The individual, software services enable the rapid provision of applications of the Internet of things. They offer all necessary functions to connect devices, users and companies. For this, our IoT Cloud provides reliable management of devices, machines and gateways, secure access management, encrypted data transmission, connection to third-party systems and services, as well as comprehensive data analysis.
For the IoT-App tailored to the needs of your customers, we generally start with a concept and a corresponding user interface design close together with our customers. The core of the app development is the programming. Our experienced team will support customers at every step, using the latest technologies like
The result is an app for smartphone or tablet: flexible and powerful, fast and inexpensive, adaptable and of course updatable.